Information about our Summer 2020 English Riding & Horsemanship Camps
- A private riding lesson each day from an experienced instructor on well behaved lesson horses and ponies
- Daily hands on horsemanship lessons including how to groom, tack up/untack, bathing a pony, horse breeds, colors, markings, feeding, barn management and more. More advanced horsemanship lessons will be available for campers with more experience
- A camp gift for every camper
- Ride in a side saddle, bareback and a western saddle and in a pony pulled cart
- Horse related arts and craft projects
- A Horse Show on the last afternoon of camp which parents and friends are welcome to attend
- A safe, fun and educational week with lots of horse time!
- Riding boots (not hiking boots) and breeches or long pants must be worn for riding lessons. Campers may change into shorts for other activities, although, for safety, riding boots must be worn at all times around the horses
- Helmets will be provided to those that do not have an ATSM/SEI approved riding helmet
- Daily sack lunch (drinks will be provided throughout the camp)
Camp Dates & Hours
Our 2020 dates are:
- Camp 1 – Beginner Week June 8th – 12th; 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Camp 2 – Skilled Beginner Week June 15th – 19th; 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Camp 3 – Intermediate Week June 22nd – 26th; 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Camp 4 – Beginner Week July 6th – 10th; 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Camp 5 – Skilled Beginner Week July 13th – 17th; 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Camp 6 – Beginner Week July 20th – 24th; 9.00am – 4.00pm
Childcare will be available before and after camp by prior arrangement.
Cost / Enrollment
The cost per week is $595.00 per camper. There is a discount of $100.00 for siblings and for a child’s second week. There is a discount of $100 if you bring and use your own pony.
The enrollment form and a deposit of $200.00 per camp should be sent to 3105 Godfrey Ave, Gilroy, CA 95020. Checks should be payable to Sugarloaf Farm LLC. Please use the Camp Enrollment Form and the Medical Information Form.